Thread: Y axis label cutoff in Excel graph

Y axis label cutoff in Excel graph

All my Excel graphs have the y-axis label truncated. I've used Excel for 10+ years and never had this problem but with new Windows XT and Office 2003 I get this problem with all my graphs. Any solutions.

Re: Y axis label cutoff in Excel graph

Here's a marginally satisfactory workaround. Append a couple spaces and a period to your axis title, then format the last character's font character to match the background. On your screen the dot is truncated, while on another screen without the issue, the UN-truncated dot doesn't show due to the formatting. Other factors: font, font size, zoom, display resolution, perhaps phase of the moon. If you have one of those fancy monitors that's configured for DVD movies, change the resolution to a "standard" like 1028 x 768. I am trying to help nail this one down. If you can let me know the exact version of Excel and Windows, what's the screen properties (right click on the desktop, properties, settings), and email a sample workbook to me (not to the group). You should be able to figure out the address.

Re: Y axis label cutoff in Excel graph

This seems to happen if your display resolution is set to a greater horizontal to vertical ratio of 4:3. Check to see if this is the case by setting your display resolution to 800 x 600. Charts should print correctly, according to other posts. Displays of greater than 4:3 are found on some wide screen laptops. For example, I use 1280 x 800 on my Sony VAIO. I have not found a fix for the higher resolutions.