Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help to add error bars in every data point of Excel

MS Office Support

Old 25-02-2012

Need help to add error bars in every data point of Excel

I am busy writing a thesis and am plotting some data using the clustered column graph. I have 5 values on the X-axis (time in days.. 0-4), and for each of these X-axis values (days) I have 3 Y-values (high, medium, low dose observations). The problem is that each Y-axis value is a mean, and has a unique standard error of the mean (SEM). However, I can't find a way to make unique error bars for each data point. Instead, it will only allow me to enter 1 custom error bar value per dose observation over time. I feel like this is doable, but I just can't figure it out. Perhaps I just need to use another graph format? I feel like there is something really obvious that I am missing. I don't know if this is clear, but was wondering if anyone can help. I really don't want to have to draw these error bars in using powerpoint. I can elaborate if need be.

Old 25-02-2012

Re: Need help to add error bars in every data point of Excel

Disregard, answered my own question. For those that are interested, instead of typing in a single entry as a custom value, you can highlight the entire range of SEMs and the chart allocates them accordingly. Hope this helps

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support