Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get multiple XY pairs in Excel 2007 Scatter plot

MS Office Support

Old 25-02-2012

How to get multiple XY pairs in Excel 2007 Scatter plot

I want to create a trajectory plot and each trajectory is a set of XY pairs (2 columns). For that I've been using the scatter plot, however if I select more then one pair of XY columns Excel creates multiple Y series using the first column as X axis values for all the series. So I have been forced to add series one by one in the Select data menu. Since I have hundreds of trajectories to plot, I'm searching for a more practical way to add series to the graph. I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue.

Old 25-02-2012

Re: How to get multiple XY pairs in Excel 2007 Scatter plot

I am assuming the x-values for the two sets of data are not same. If they are then there is a simple solution for that:
  • Make chart with first data set
  • Copy second dataset
  • Click chart
  • Use Edit > Paste Special > New data series > first column has x-values
For those thinking of giving you a VBA solution for the 100 charts: data is on different sheet same layout (number of points) in all cases.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support