Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Paste Special function does not work when I copy formulas in Excel

MS Office Support

Old 24-02-2012

Paste Special function does not work when I copy formulas in Excel

I am using Excel 2007 and I can't seem to copy and paste formulas from one workbook to another. Instead I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to use paste or paste link and to chose from a list of formats. Does anyone know if there is something that I can change in Excel to fix this problem.

Old 24-02-2012

Re: Paste Special function does not work when I copy formulas in Excel

It sounds like you have the workbooks open in separate instances of excel. Close one of the workbooks (and its instance of excel) and then back to the first workbook/excel. Hit ctrl-o and open your second workbook and try the copy|paste.
Old 24-02-2012

Re: Paste Special function does not work when I copy formulas in Excel

Are both workbooks open in the same instance of Excel. I find it difficult to know when that it is actually the case. To be sure, I use File > Open to open the second workbook instead of clicking on the file icon.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,