Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want help to create roll up rows in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 24-02-2012

Want help to create roll up rows in Microsoft Excel

I have recently seen a worksheet with + boxes to the left of a row that when you click on it several related rows are revealed and the + becomes a -. When you click the - the newly reveals rows are hidden and the initial line is visible and the sign changed back to a +. Can someone tell me how this is done.

Old 24-02-2012

Re: Want help to create roll up rows in Microsoft Excel

By Grouping. Excel 2003: Select the rows (or columns) you want to group, then use Data/Group and Outline/Group. in Excel 2007: Data tab/Group.
Old 24-02-2012

Re: Want help to create roll up rows in Microsoft Excel

It is like drop down list. You can create that list on your own in Excel. For something you will need to use a vba code to get that animated + working. I will not recommend that. Better go for drop down list for the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,