Thread: Want some help to create cell reference in Microsoft Excel

Want some help to create cell reference in Microsoft Excel

I have an Excel file which contains multiple worksheets.
    • Worksheet 1 has data that is imported from an external source. The data is imported in rows. For example row 1 is the data name (header). Row 2 is data set 1, row 3 is data set 2, row 4 is data set 3.etc.
    • Worksheet 2 just has the data transposed into columns. So the header is column A, column B is data set 1, colum C, is data set 3......etc. etc.
    • Worksheets 3, 4 ,5....and so on are the presentation sheets (printed reports will be generated from these sheets.
    • Worksheet 3 only requires data from column B of Worksheet 2. However the presentation of Worksheet 3 requires the data to be in certain cells (not in a single column format)

What I have done is set up Worksheet 3 to look exactly as I need it by referencing the appropritate cells in Worksheet 2, column B. So Worksheet 3 is basically a sheet of cells referenced back to Worksheet 2, column B in a user friendly format that can be printed.Here is where I need help. Worksheet 4 is an exact copy of Worksheet 3 but needs the data in column C of worksheet 2 instead of column B with the rows being consistent. For example cell D35 in Worksheet 3 needs the data in cell B15 of Worksheet 2 and cell D35 of Worksheet 4 needs the data in cell C15 of Worksheet 2.Since worksheet 3 is set up I made a copy of it to become Worksheet 4. My question is how do I change all of the cell references to column C without manually doing it. Is there a function I can use. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Want some help to create cell reference in Microsoft Excel

Did you tried to find information on the help (F1) in Excel. I am not sure what you are trying to do. You can try to find easy templates for the same in office help online. Regarding references it can be done via = giving reference of multiple sheets.

Re: Want some help to create cell reference in Microsoft Excel

That will be very complicated. You will need to link all the files with each other in every cell and also keep a track of whatever changes are done. You have to see properly all the steps. Cross referencing can be done manually and I do not think there is any kind of addin for that.