Thread: How to make a Excel Table fit for Word Document Page Size

How to make a Excel Table fit for Word Document Page Size

I need to paste an Excel table into a portrait-form Word document. Is there any way I can do this? A regular cut and paste leaves half the table off the document. Thanks

Re: How to make a Excel Table fit for Word Document Page Size

If you're using Word 2003 and Excel 2003, once you paste the Excel spreadsheet into Word I think it may then become an "object" that you should be able to re-size using the sizing handles (the white circles surrounding the object). Even if you can't see the entire Excel spreadsheet on your Word page, if you click on it, you should see those white sizing handles (circles) around it that will allow you to shrink it so that it can fit. If you click on one of its corners and see a double headed arrow, you should be able to drag your mouse and shrink the Excel object down to the size you want. You can also reposition the Excel object by dragging it via the four-headed arrow that appears when you click inside it. Your Excel object may become very small, depending on its original size, but you should be able to fit it onto one page in Word.

You can also select the table, hold down the shift key, select copy picture, then paste into word then you can re-size like any other picture.

I actually got the table onto the Word document and re-sized by using the INSERT, OBJECT, and then CREATE FROM FILE. That worked perfectly. I then was able to copy and paste from each workbook page (I have about 22 pages) directly into the re-sized format. However, when I try to print, only half the page prints before going to the next page. I want to utilize the entire sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Obviously I am missing something ----any suggestions. Thank you once again.