Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help to get single quote in every cell of Excel

MS Office Support

Old 23-02-2012

Need help to get single quote in every cell of Excel

I am trying to make all of the cells in a particular column (they are filled with numbers) alphanumeric and left justified by putting a single quote in front of each cell. I don't want to type the quote on each cell. How can I do this without typing in each cell.

Old 23-02-2012

Re: Need help to get single quote in every cell of Excel

Insert a column next to the col ; enter the below formula; copy down as required. =CHAR(39) & A1. Would be interesting to know what you are looking at. If this post helps click Yes.
Old 23-02-2012

Re: Need help to get single quote in every cell of Excel

Do you really need the apostrophe. There are two ways for that first select he cells and use Format > Cells > Text second you can select the cells and click the left align tool. This might do the job for you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,