Thread: How to reinstalling Microsoft Office Document Image Writer print driver

How to reinstalling Microsoft Office Document Image Writer print driver

How to re-install Office Document Image Writer print driver. I am unable to find out any solution for that. I had updated my system with all latest security patches and stuff. I can see printers visible but the settings that I did cause a number of failure. Now I cannot see any visible printer. I want some help here to re-install Office Document Image Writer Printer.

You can do that from Control Panel. Locate Printer and Fax and in that click on Printer. You can choose the local printer manually if you want and configure the same. This would be a easy way. You have to add the printer and remember you will also need to specificy the port option to choose a document image printer. Install generic text only. Later on you can right click on that and choose properties. In properties you can choose Microsoft office document imaging driver port. Click on advance and then change the driver to Document Image Writer. Apply the settings and click on OK.

You can perform a repair installation of office and then check back. I am sure that would be better. Because it is possible that even after performing manual setup things might not work well. You have to check out and ensure that all the files are properly configured and that can be done best by re-installing Microsoft Office.

re: How to reinstalling Microsoft Office Document Image Writer print driver

Creating the new printer worked for me. It didn't work at first because I didn't change the driver, but once I changed the driver it worked. You change the driver under the "advanced" tab.

I used the simplest of subterfuges to get my Image Writer back. I used the Microsoft Office Setup Disk to 'add/remove' programs. The Image Writer was already checked as being installed so I changed it to 'Do not install' and ran the change. Then I simply reversed the procedure and selected 'Run from Computer' and hey presto, the printer was back. I didn't even have to do a reboot. By the way, the Image Writer can be found under 'Tools' in the setup.

I have found that 'Repair' programs seldom work.

I really don't know why people like Michael bother to post. If I were moderator you would be kicked off permanently for your last post. 'nuff said.

I can see that you, Michael, are a person wise in your own eyes but it may interest you to know that this thread is as relevant today as it ever was. indeed it was only today that I restored my own Image Writer to full health. The web is swarming with people who have lost their Image Writer Printer and do not know what to do. Some of us seek to remedy that situation, which I assume is the purpose of this forum.

I would, therfore, be obliged if you would confine your remarks to the problem in hand and not resort to silly insults because they only make you look little in the eyes of others.

re: How to reinstalling Microsoft Office Document Image Writer print driver

Note changes above in bold. This worked perfectly April 2011 on XP machine with Office 2003. Thanks all for your help!