Thread: How to use Auto fill across multiple worksheets in Microsoft Excel

How to use Auto fill across multiple worksheets in Microsoft Excel

I want to fill data in one cell in one sheet across multiple sheets; ie I have different totals, in different sheets, but with the same row & Col. no. (eg A10). I want to create a list, in a separate sheet, of all these totals, by auto filling across the worksheets. It would take too long to select each cell that has the total in it individually. eg: I have 4 Sheets: 1, 2, 3 and 4. Total is in cell "A10" in sheets 1, 2 and 3. I want to create a list in sheet 4 of the totals in sheets 1, 2 and 3, without selecting each total individually. (Similar to summing across sheets:"=sum(1:1!A10)" gives the sum of the totals in cell (A10 in sheets 1, 2 and 3).

Re: How to use Auto fill across multiple worksheets in Microsoft Excel

One way using INDIRECT. List the actual sheet names in B1 across, eg: Sheet1, Sheet2, etc. List the target cell references in A2 down, eg: A10, K22, etc. Then you could place in B2: =INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!"&$A2). Copy B2 across and fill down as far as required.

Do the following:
    • Click a cell in a worksheet.
    • Before enter any value, press Ctrl Key.
    • Click on all the sheet tabs. This will group all the sheet tabs to perform the same operation that you do on one sheet.
    • Enter a value in the selected cell.
    • Now Auto fill by clicking and dragging the corner on the selected Cell. All the sheet will display the value in the same position of the cell location.

Caution. Once you have finished doing what you want to 'all sheets', remember to select just one again. You can REALLY screw things up big time by forgetting this apparently simple step. Believe me - sometimes close without saving is your friend and of course, always have a back up just in case.

Is it possible to autofill from one worksheet to another. I am able to autofill of course within a worksheet, but I would like to be able to autofill a name from worksheet 1 to another worksheet.

Excel Office 2003
    Carol A