Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want to paste data only in visible cell of Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 16-02-2012

Want to paste data only in visible cell of Microsoft Excel

I need to put data into a spreadsheet built and maintained by someone else for a variety of uses. The rows I care about are not consecutive, but appear consecutive when the file is filtered. I compile my data in another spreadsheet and want to copy-and-paste into the first spreadsheet. To avoid having to tediously copy each row individually, I would like to be able to copy the entire data set from my own spreadsheet and then paste it into the first spreadsheet in a single operation. Is there a way to paste so that the values go only into the visible cells.

Old 16-02-2012

Re: Want to paste data only in visible cell of Microsoft Excel

Indeed xls will copy also hidden rows. Rather then writing difficult macro's that detect the rowheight = 0 for every cell, why don't you sort you data on the column that you use to filter. In that way all data that appears consecutive in the filter actually is consecutive - which enables easy copying.
Old 16-02-2012

Re: Want to paste data only in visible cell of Microsoft Excel

Apparently this manipulation cannot be possible just by copy pate. We must create a new column and index to allow cells to recover the result of the filter and then copy the cells with the sort. Do the same sort of cells and copy recipients. A basic function not directly available.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,