Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Show/Hide group symbols via shortcut in Excel

MS Office Support

Old 16-02-2012

Show/Hide group symbols via shortcut in Excel

Excel 2007. I know you can turn the symbols on and off using Excel Options / Advanced, but I could swear I have seen somewhere a shortcut key combination to do this much more quickly. I've scoured local help and come up short. Also can't find any reference to shortcut keys here on the forum. Anyone know of such a shortcut, or did I just dream this up.

Old 16-02-2012

Re: Show/Hide group symbols via shortcut in Excel

There is way for the same. Select rows or columns, then use <Shift> <Alt> <RightArrow> to display symbols. You can also use <Shift> <Alt> <LeftArrow> to hide symbols. You need to create a proper macro for the same.
Old 16-02-2012

Re: Show/Hide group symbols via shortcut in Excel

There is one more thing you can try. Press CTRL + 8. I will recommend you to read properly Excel shortcut and function keys in Office F1. Those shortcuts were to create groups or dissolve groups. The hide and display shortcut is: <Ctrl> <8> Where the "8" is *only* using the key under the function keys, *not* the key in the Num keypad.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,