Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is the way to sum up number of column in Pivot Table

MS Office Support

Old 09-02-2012

What is the way to sum up number of column in Pivot Table

I do have a pivot table with a few different products that are related to imports and exports. I want to be able also to add the columns of the same product, both import and export. E.G product 1 import is 2000, product 1 export is 2500. How can I manage this in the pivot table.

Old 09-02-2012

Re: What is the way to sum up number of column in Pivot Table

You could create a calculated item:
  • Select the Product field button
  • On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Item
  • Type a name, e.g. Product1 All
  • In the list of fields, choose Products
  • In the list of items, double-click on Product 1 Import
  • Type a plus sign, then double-click on Product 1 Export
  • Click OK
Old 09-02-2012

Re: What is the way to sum up number of column in Pivot Table

I can provide you option to add column in Pivot table. Choose the cell in PivotTable report and then choose formula and then click on Calculated Field. Now you can insert a Calculated Field dialog box where you need to provide the name in Name box. Now add any thing in the filed and then insert field box with a hype In the same way you can add up one more column in the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,