Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Not able to adjust print area in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 09-02-2012

Not able to adjust print area in Microsoft Excel

When I try to adjust my spreadsheet to one page both manually (through print layout view) and automatically (by adjusting to 1 page tall by 1 page wide) then I get a print layout that is 1 page per cell. Any idea what is causing this error and what I can do to fix it.

Old 09-02-2012

Re: Not able to adjust print area in Microsoft Excel

You can use the menu View option and choose Page Break view and see if you have a bunch of page breaks in the sheet.
Old 09-02-2012

Check the usual suspects - make sure your paper size is set to letter and hasn't gotten set to an envelope or something, also check the margins and make sure they aren not to large so as to reduce the sheet to a one-liner. Might search the forums for something like '1 cell' or 'one cell' or even Google for 'one cell per page'.
Old 09-02-2012

My guess is that it has something to do with virtual memory or ram or something like that. Reason is that this used to happen to me on my old computer only when operating very large (i.e. 20MB) spreadsheets, although on my new computer, it is happening on much smaller spreadsheets (< 1 MB). If I send the file to another computer then I do not get the same problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,