Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disable Excel 2007 Date Auto Format

MS Office Support

Old 09-02-2012

Disable Excel 2007 Date Auto Format

I hope someone can solve this issue. I regularly get datasets with columns of data similar to the following - 1/10 red rep1 & 2/11 rep rep2. These are sample names which I use "text to Columns" to split by the space resulting in 3 columns. Excel automatically assumes the 1/10 is a date. I have read all threads where users are advised to pre-format the cell as text which works well when inputting data; this does not however work when splitting a cell into more columns. There are work abounds which I use but I love to know if there's an option to turn this infuriating function off for good.

Old 09-02-2012

Re: Disable Excel 2007 Date Auto Format

I do not understand what you are looking for. But I found a similar thread on this forum which can help you to understand a little bit of the process. I think this thread might be similar to your query. Try to find more on Excel help.
How to disable auto format in excel
Old 09-02-2012

Re: Disable Excel 2007 Date Auto Format

To avoid the default formatting I think you can try using Data functions. Handling dates and times is an important part of the calculations in the spreadsheet. Management dates can sometimes seem daunting. Many problems can nevertheless be easily solved by understanding the operating principle in Excel and following some simple rules of use. The functions of complement 'Analysis ToolPak' are now native to Excel 2007.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,