Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is the option to see special character in Microsot Excel

MS Office Support

Old 07-02-2012

What is the option to see special character in Microsot Excel

I constantly import files into Excel 2007 (from CSV or Access files) and often there are carriage returns hidden value within the data. Is there an option in Word 2007 that I can turn on so I can see the special (control) characters? There was an option in Word 2003 under Tools, and under the International Tab. I can't seem to find any options that will display control characters. I don't need to identify each control character - I'm just looking for a view that will display the small boxes denoting control characters. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-02-2012

Re: What is the option to see special character in Microsot Excel

The option which you are looking for is it really not easy. I had tried to find out some option which can show up the settings, but there is nothing much mentioned. The contents are decoded a number of time and in that case there is ample of loss among the same.
Old 07-02-2012

Re: What is the option to see special character in Microsot Excel

You can use any third party tool which can help you to import and export files without loosing the characters inside it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,