Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

I need help with plotting efficient frontier in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 07-02-2012

I need help with plotting efficient frontier in Microsoft Excel

How to plot efficient frontier from sets of data containing expected return, average return, variance, standard deviation, covariance and correlation.

Old 07-02-2012

Re: I need help with plotting efficient frontier in Microsoft Excel

The fundamental idea of the efficient frontier of investment, is that, given a series of expected returns and risk, combining them properly, you can find the minimum risk portfolio, and from this, all possible combinations of efficient investment . This is because an appropriate diversification of our portfolio, we can help reduce risk and enhance expected returns. It is very complicated in Excel.
Old 07-02-2012

Re: I need help with plotting efficient frontier in Microsoft Excel

The efficient frontier of investment shows the infinite combinations of risk and return we can achieve with this group of eleven actions. The yellow dot up and to the right, any portfolio that is on the curve is efficient. This is due, if we take a point that is below, there will be a portfolio on the curve have the same return but lower risk.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,