Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is it possible to copy paste Excel content directly in Gmail

MS Office Support

Old 07-02-2012

Is it possible to copy paste Excel content directly in Gmail

Hi All, done it before where I highlight & copy my spreadsheet from Excel 2007 & paste it directly into my gmail page without any problem. But when I tried to do same thing from Excel 2003, the cell not showing & figures got mangled.

Old 07-02-2012

Re: Is it possible to copy paste Excel content directly in Gmail

Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C then on Google page Ctrl+V this should work i guess you are not selecting the entire sheet by Ctrl+A.This might work out. When you copy it, the content will be taken as Excel tables which will reflect inside your mail and you do not need to add any kind of attachment for the same. This works smoother. You can try copy pasting in Microsoft Word first and then move it to Gmail. It will work without much error.
Old 07-02-2012

It also depends on the web browser you are using. Some time the tables are not properly executed. I will recommend you to use Google docs for the purpose. Here you can simply add the Excel content on web and share the link. The account access is limited and the other user can view the files. He can also download the file in excel format.
Old 19-11-2013

Currently I'm using Office 2010. Here what I do to copy and paste Excel table to Gmail.
1/ From Excel 2010 > Home > Styles "Format as Table" > choose the style you like.
2/ Click on "Page Layout" > Sheet Options - tick on the box "Print"
3/ Copy the high-lighted area you want
4/ Paste it into the email body either IE or Firefox.

Good luck.
KTL

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,