Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to fill only half part of cell in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 28-01-2012

How to fill only half part of cell in Microsoft Excel

I am trying to fill only half of a cell if I use a border that cuts the cell in half. Is this even possible. My goal is - one cell equals a full hour. I want a 1/2 cell to equal 1/2 hour. Any thoughts.

Old 28-01-2012

Re: How to fill only half part of cell in Microsoft Excel

This is not possible but why not one cell=1/2 hour, two cells - 1 hour? If you have headers for the hours or similar, you can highlight two cells and Format > Cells > Alignment > Center across selection.
Old 28-01-2012

You mean you want to fill the cell with color--or you want to fill the cell with a string. You can't have multiple fill colors in that cell. You could put a rectangle over half the cell and color that, though. But why not make each cell 30 minutes.
Old 28-01-2012

It would be easier to use 2 cells side by side (eg. c4 and d4) and use conditional formatting. By setting the format of the first to be filled by a colour if it (or relevant cell) is equal to 0.5 or 30min or less, and the second cell to fill is equal to 1 or 60 min or less then you should achieve your desired effect.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support