Thread: Looking for Excel Web Query for Java Applet working sample

Looking for Excel Web Query for Java Applet working sample

I cant seem to download data from a web site that displays data using Java Applets. For exmaple, try using web query on my site and it will return blank. Anyone has any idea how to deal with this.

Re: Looking for Excel Web Query for Java Applet working sample

When a webpage is written in Javascript, web query will not be able to extract the data even though one can see the data in the Excel Browser. This is because these scripts are not in the html. To extract data, one would need to use other software like imacros scripting edition that will work with Excel's VBA.

Web Query feature comes integrated in Excel. You can use it to capture live website data. For that you have to first understand who web query works. Without understanding the same it will be complicated for you to get proper information. There are some nice video tutorial on the web which has a comprehensive information on this process. You can follow the same. All you have to do is click on DATA > From WEB. Add a site URL and done. You can then choose the table that you want to keep in your sheet and get constant updates.

If you are using a old office version then this feature will not work properly. You have to upgrade to the most latest one. The new version is capable of giving you more proper output. It is fast and easily capture data from the site. You can simply pull out everything and there is no issue with the output. If you get any error associated with live data then you have to skip that site. I had tried to pull live score in Excel, but it failed to work properly. I got some constant warning on the screen and then the office application crashed.