Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to insert a paragraph break inside a Cell of Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 27-01-2012

How to insert a paragraph break inside a Cell of Microsoft Excel

I am trying to enter text in an excel spreadsheet. The text has multiple paragraphs. I would like to have all text from one section in one cell and dont want to enter new paragraphs in multiple cells. Are there any manual commands that I can enter to perform this action.

Old 27-01-2012

Re: How to insert a paragraph break inside a Cell of Microsoft Excel

Press Alt+Enter to insert a new line within a single cell. It is not really effective to put a page break inside a cell in Microsoft Excel. It might not look appropriate, but you can give it a try.
Old 27-01-2012

Re: How to insert a paragraph break inside a Cell of Microsoft Excel

Just don't try to get too much text into a cell. You can enter up to 32,767 characters in a cell but only 1024 will be visible or printed. Add an ALT + ENTER every 100 chars to increase the 1024 limit.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support