Thread: The print option in Microsoft Excel Grayed out

The print option in Microsoft Excel Grayed out

Using a Excel 2003 spreadsheet that's been converted to Excel 2007, I am trying to redefine the print area, but the "Print Area" option on the Pagelayout tab is grayed out. I've tried selecting the entire spreadsheet along with individual cells and can't get the area to become active. I've gone into Sheet Tab within the Page Setup group and it also seems to be inactive. Help.

Re: The print option in Microsoft Excel Grayed out

You must be trying this in Print Preview mode. Try it from workbook file menu File > PageSetup > Sheet tab. Also check you do not had Freeze Panes activated. If yes then just unactivated them and then try to choose the Print Area. I will assume that you will need to once again redefine the print area.

It may be that your hard drive shuts down and the data then it can no longer send to the printer as fast. need it just to try it if you turn off the energy of the hard disk drives, option to never. For so long is the drive you're working on a fast computer. Since problem can be circumvented by first changing the default printer then prints them in Excel, and then back over to the default printer.

What did you set for a connection. Just go in Control Panel > Printers > and then tick on the printer right-click with your mouse. Click on Properties > connections. See you can view the connection. Now click on Advanced tab and check the connection. It should be Always available. on Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster. Print Print spooled documents first. Enable advanced printing features.

The print works so user from all other programs from Excel. The printer settings are correct. Only Excel sends the print job to the printer only really when I first select a different printer. If I is standard printer directly to the printer, the printing sent from excel but the printer does not get it! There is then no error message.