Thread: How to copy paste content in Merge Cells

How to copy paste content in Merge Cells

I want to copy/paste from one merged cell to another. I get an error msg "Data on the clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste the data anyway?" When I click "OK," I get the next message: "Cannot change part of a merged cell." They should be the same size, because I copied the worksheet from one tab to another in the same workbook. Is there any way to paste into merged cells.

Re: How to copy paste content in Merge Cells

You can use the F(x) box at the top of the worksheet. Select the cell you want to copy from and then highlight the values in the F(X) box with the mouse and type Cntl-C (or use copy from menu or right click mouse and choose copy). then select the destination cell and paste the data into the F(X) box using Cntl-V for paste.

Re: How to copy paste content in Merge Cells

I have tried this procedure but it sticks the values to the cells' unfused of origin. "For example, if the copied cell originally contained 3 cells (which were merged), the value is then pasted into the first cell with values "empty" of two other cells. All I concluded that you can not copy merged cell to merged cells, but you can copy merged cells to single cells and the result is likely to be consistent with your expectations: a merged cell will be created in the copy area.