Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Not able to edit a lock sheet in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 25-01-2012

Not able to edit a lock sheet in Microsoft Excel

Ok, there's only 2 computers in my office, and I'm the only one here right now. I have an excel file I need to edit, and it says its locked for editing. I turned the other computer completely off. How can I override this.

Old 25-01-2012

Re: Not able to edit a lock sheet in Microsoft Excel

Had you been using the other computer to access your file. Did you close it down correctly. Other threads on this subject seem to suggest that re-booting usually does the trick.

How to unlock word documents
Old 25-01-2012

It all depends on how it is locked. It can be locked by a password or locked by write-protecting sheets. You might not be able to modify the sheet unless you have the unlock password. It is also not easy to unlock the sheet with the help of any tool. Try to find out the exact password for the same and then disable the protection.
Old 25-01-2012

Excel passwords can be removed by by opening the file with Open Office and from there without entering the PW protection. Has worked for me in 99% of cases, although it really should not be the PW's but apparently that are not recognized by Open Office.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,