Thread: Does Excel consist Telephone, Fax and Email symbols

Does Excel consist Telephone, Fax and Email symbols

I want to insert Fax or email symbols in Excel. I want some default characters for it. My friend sent me a mail with that and told that it is possible to do that by changing some kind of fonts. Does anyone knows how to quickly do that. Thanks.

Re: Does Excel consist Telephone, Fax and Email symbols

Look in the "Wingdings" font groups. Enter a different letter or number and apply one of the Wingdings font groups to it.

Forgot to say, in Excel 2003 you can go to the Standard Toolbar and hit Insert > Symbol. Not sure about earlier versions but you can give it a try.

I would look first in the Wingding fonts. Here is a great way to see all the symbols and know how to get them. A1 enter name of font (Ariel) / A2 use =CHAR(ROW()+30) Note that CHAR(32) is a space so the cell looks. Leave it blank you do not need to worry for the same. Copy down to row 225. Now you see all the characters in the Ariel font. In B1 enter font name (eg Wingding). Copy A2 to B2; format with Wingding font; copy down to B255. Now you see all the characters in that font; column A gives a clue how to 'type' them. Typing ( and formatting it Wingding gives a telephone).

You can find that from the character box in Excel.
    • Call the command "Insert - Symbol".
    • Excel will display a dialog box from which you can select special characters.
    • Select the first step in the "Font" character set from which you want to activate a special character. Some fonts, such as "ZapfDingbats" consisting entirely of special characters.

Then click in the list to the special character that you want to include and press the "Insert" button.

If you want to insert a special character in an existing text in a cell, select the F2 key on the first processing line to put the entry marker to the location where you want to insert a special character. Then call "Insert - Symbol" to include the character at the selected position.