Thread: Getting System Error &H80004005 in Excel

Getting System Error &H80004005 in Excel

How do I solve this Error. I am getting this on Microsoft Excel. I tried rebooting the system. Suddenly the error appeared when I was working with Visio in Excel. I am not able to work on my files and need help for the same. I had a backup also.

Re: Getting System Error &H80004005 in Excel

Can you figure out what caused the error or what were you doing when the error occurred. Do you really want any help with this. Don't you think it would be prudent to be a bit more forthcoming in what caused this error to appear etc. We should bring back the people that created the Enigma to decrypt these messages.

It doesn't take an Enigma machine to decrypt the error message, just a trip to google and found a solution. That page has some VBA code that wraps up the API functions to get the system-defined error text for a Windows API error number (Err.LastDLLError, not Err.Number). Unfortunately, this particular error number is like a VBA 1004 -- it indicates only that *something* went wrong with no clue as to *what* went wrong. The system text for this error number is "Unspecified error". You'd think that MS would give better, more meaningful error numbers, none of this generic crap. An error is a Long, so you have 4 billion different values. They could have assigned a unique error number of every single line of code in all of Windows and still have items left over.

I put all steps, but I see that the title only posted. I have ab add-in that I use many years. When I start it I get the Error. "System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259)" When clicking the help I see . Excel Developer Home > Visio > Visio 2007 Automation Reference > Visual Basic for Applications Language Reference > Visual Basic Language Reference > Error Messages System error 'item'. After clicking ok I get : "Out of memory" . So I entered in help again Excel Developer Home > Visio > Visio 2007 Automation Reference > Visual Basic for Applications Language Reference > Visual Basic Language Reference > Error Messages "Out of memory (Error 7)" I spoke to the programmer and said that it works ok in Excel 2007. Hope it is clear now.

For anyone who receives error messages when loading Excel add-ins that have worked before, especially in the context of upgrades to Office 2007, may I suggest this excellent site which addresses the problem in details and in my case, provided the solution. I will recommend you to run a repair setup of Microsoft Excel and then check back.

I have a exact solution for this and I am sure this will work
    • Open Microsoft Excel
    • Ignore the error message and close
    • Click the Tools > select Extensions.
    • Uncheck the "Tools for the euro" and give click to "OK"
    • Exist Excel and open it back again.

And if the above steps does not work then you can try to find more help on this link : System Error &H80004005