Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to renumber cells in Microsoft Excel

MS Office Support

Old 24-01-2012

How to renumber cells in Microsoft Excel

If I put numbers in Column A (1, 2, 3 etc.) and then I will have to remove various rows from Column A (#10, #15, #34, #45 etc.) can I get Column A to automatically renumber in sequence after I remove various rows.

Old 24-01-2012

Re: How to renumber cells in Microsoft Excel

You can use the Row() function to determine the row that the formula is in. Using an offset such as =row() + 3 will allow you to get the numbering you want. Note however that row() is a volatile function and if you have thousands of these functions you could adversely affect performance.
Old 24-01-2012

Re: How to renumber cells in Microsoft Excel

That is really not a big deal. Just click on the cell edge and drag or doubleclick. You can also drag by selecting two cells. Or esle you can se automatic numbering for Excel cells. So that whenever you remove any row it will re-number all stuff back. Just visit the below link and follow the instructions. You will find the process.

Automatically number rows

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , ,