Thread: Is it possible that Pivot Table can list duplicate entries in Microsoft Excel

Is it possible that Pivot Table can list duplicate entries in Microsoft Excel

I have a pivot table with a lot of rows sorted by last names. The problem is that the last name column does not list more than the first instance of a last name, with the second and later showing a blank cell for the last name field. When I copy the table onto a new worksheet so I can sort it, I then have a lot of records with no last name that don't sort properly. Is there a setting that will make the table show duplicate entries in a field.

Re: Is it possible that Pivot Table can list duplicate entries in Microsoft Excel

The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you can change, to force them to repeat. To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot table, paste it as values in another location, and fill in the blanks, using the technique shown on the web.

Re: Is it possible that Pivot Table can list duplicate entries in Microsoft Excel

There is a solution I would call but effective. Actually excel in your reference table simply rename your column, such as group to some other group2. Then you update the data in your PivotTable this will have the effect of removing the field group. Then you do the opposite: group2 renamed group and updating data in the TDC. As will effectively update the list of choices and make the data disappear ghost. I know it sounds a bit barbaric but it is very effective (already tested many times) and then if you only have 3 column it takes so much time not otherwise it will go through a macro and there that's another story.

Select 'Multiple Data Ranges for duplicates. My data is on four different sheets (S1, S2, S3, S4), in columns headed course, TD, TP. In step 1 of the wizard I could not select fields in different sheets with 'list or database Microsoft Office Excel'. After reading this post (thank you the search engine) I found the ability to select multiple ranges of data in the 'range spreadsheets tagged'. Unfortunately I do not get the desired result, I think I missed a step.

What you ask can not be done in the DCT. In fact you will always have this kind of presentation. However the possibility remains with VBA but that further analysis is required to see how all your data are presented. You can make your presentation more attractive by using the automatic formatting. A vor now what is best for you.

I think there are simpler in your table where you scored sheet1 What I you put yourself on anywhere at the top of columns and then Edit > Go > Cell > Zone, and you click on Current and you do OK normally the whole area becomes selected. You can redo the same thing in a little detail about Edit > reach > cell and you click this time on empty cells and you're doing OK In principle, the active cell is the last empty cell located in the right-most column is B5 . Then add the formula: = B4 and you valid by CTRL + ENTER. Your table is now complete. If this table is the product of a TCD you can start by copy / paste values