Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get yes or no in Vlookup in Excel

MS Office Support

Old 24-01-2012

How to get yes or no in Vlookup in Excel

Please, what is the proper vlookup syntax to get a yes or no answer in a vlookup formula, instead of a column return. I tried some addins but that does not worked. So I need some sample which can state the following in Microsoft Excel.

Old 24-01-2012

Re: How to get yes or no in Vlookup in Excel

Try this: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,table,1,0)),"no","yes")where A1 is the cell with the lookup value, and table is a named range covering your data. OR If you're checking to see if a value is in a single column/row list:=if(isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0)),"yes - a match","no match")
Old 24-01-2012

Re: How to get yes or no in Vlookup in Excel

I am not sure about what the exact formula for that is. That can be complicated. I will recommend you to go through the below link in detail to find out how you can do it. The below link contains the complete syntax and detailed information on vlookup.
VLOOKUP

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,