Thread: Microsoft Excel 2007 Character Spacing

Microsoft Excel 2007 Character Spacing

I need help to find a way for character spacing in excel 2007. Currently I am trying to leave a space but that is not worth and my entire worksheet looked messed up. I tried copy pasting the formatted text directly from Word to Excel, but the formatting disappears. I have a report in which I wan to add customize character spacing. Need help.

Re: Microsoft Excel 2007 Character Spacing

I would say no but you have not given much detail. Excel supports a minimal number of word processing features. All I wanted to do is insert text in a Cell or merged cells and than format the character spacing as you can do in word. i just found out if you insert a text box,type text than you can magically change the Character spacing.

This can be done with the help of a formula. It is not so effective, but for the time being it is easy to use. Lets assume that the data is in cell A1. So the formula for another cell is =LEFT(A1,1)&" "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1). Type this and hit enter and then check back. There will be a little more space. Change a space above and below cell data might be difficult.

Press Alt + F8 from your keyboard in Microsoft Excel. Here you can find the options to assign a key combination to the macro, and then only have to have the cell selected (run or macro) and press the key combination. The macro will take the string and adds two blank characters for each one. For a more focused implementation details would be necessary. So there are only a few cells or it can also be more. There are always two characters or to vary the distance.

Another solution would be to format cells - Orientation - Horizontal - "Distributed (Indent)" put and the catchment to 1. This would then have your text but with "blanks" are entered separately, then distributed the Excel input from the field width. And on the other hand remember that Excel is not a layout program. So there are certain limits.