Thread: How to convert Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters in Microsoft Excel 2007

How to convert Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters in Microsoft Excel 2007

Our HK company is using English version of Office 2007. My colleagues want to convert Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters or vice versa, we can do it in Word 2003 (Chinese Version), but cannot do it on Eng version. Can anyone please help me to fix it in both Word, Excel and Powerpoint Office 2007.

Re: How to convert Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters in Microsoft Excel 2007

I was also facing similar issue. I am using EXCEL 2003 and need to convert a long list of Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese. So for that I searched a lot and luckily found a solution on Office help website. I had already upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007 and using the following solution I can work. Try the steps given in the below links, it is helpful.
    Convert Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese and vice versa
    Reconvert Japanese, Traditional Chinese, or Simplified Chinese text

Re: How to convert Traditional Chinese characters to Simplified Chinese characters in Microsoft Excel 2007

I am not sure about any settings in Microsoft Excel, but you can try to get a proper text from online tools. There are many web based solution in which you can get Simplified Chinese characters from Traditional one. You can then copy paste the same in Excel file. To get a proper output it is essential that you must have proper language pack installed in your system. If it lacks then you can see junk characters. Or you can try using some advance language translation tools which also works in the same manner. It is also quiet easy to find.

One you had done with language installation then I can give you the process to Convert Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese. You can also convert Convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese through the steps I will post here. For that you will need to go in the Tools menu. There you have to click on language and click on Chinese Translation. Do not forget to select the entire text before doing the same. This will give you the kind of output you are looking for. If this does not work add language pack back into your system.