Thread: I need help to find second standard deviation in Microsoft Excel

I need help to find second standard deviation in Microsoft Excel

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the second standard deviation. For the first S.D., which is STDEV(a1:a20). Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: I need help to find second standard deviation in Microsoft Excel

The standard deviation measures variation about the mean. Two standard deviations is just twice the standard deviation: =2*STDEV(A1:A10). I suspect you may mean 2 standard deviations which is simply standard deviation * 2. In a normal distribution 95.45% of the data points would be within 2 standard deviations.

So then you would have the results in an EXCEL spreadsheet drinstehen probably like this:
    • First 7
    • Second 84
    • Third 41
    • Fourth 13
    • Fifth 10

It would be in the left column in the EXCEL column A and the right in B. More precisely, in cells B1 through B5. Thus you would have the formula if you want it less, write in cell B6: = STDEV (B1: B5)

As far as I can understand everything, there have also tried the same with my values. However, now get the message is "# NUM!". Actually, this sheet should be designed so that when I enter a value in the table is counting Smart Controller (to serve as a template for a statistical spreadsheet). Currently I have 6 values ​​in the table and keeping the message as saying. When I further complete table, which is expected after a few entries. Must be considered in the formula yet? I have the entire field entered for computation, but only 6 values. I would be happy about a new support very much.

Look the formula is: = STDEV (Here are the data in the column or row you wish to insert THE DEVIATION). You can select it directly with the mouse.