Thread: Where can I find a phone message log template for Microsoft Excel

Where can I find a phone message log template for Microsoft Excel

Using Excel 2003, I would like a template for recording phone messages for my boss. The little pink message slips are piling up, and we need a way to track phonecalls like who,when,phone #,message. A printout of a week's worth of calls would be handy so that phone numbers are readily available.

Re: Where can I find a phone message log template for Microsoft Excel

Instead of using Template you can manage your phone calls in Microsoft Office 2007 or higher version. They offers a feature called as Journal in which you can keep a track of your phone calls and update the information as and when required. The below link will provide you a complete detail about how you can manage the phone calls and also how to use the tools.

Managing calls

I found two templates which you can download for free. The below link consist of a Phone Message template and a Call Log template. A phone message template allows you to keep a track of phone calls and its information while a Call Log template allows you to keep a track of calls made. Download them and try.
    Phone Message - TEMPLATE
    Call Log Template

You can find that on office.microsoft.com. Go in the template section and find the log template. Download it and thats all. Also it is not tough to create your own log template. Compared to Microsoft Excel, Acces is much better to manage such kind of data. You can easily create a table, pass a query and handle large amount of data in it easily. There are ample of free templates available for this.

There are number of features in Microsoft Office. You ca use Microsoft Office OneNote, Word, Journal features in it for tracking those phone logs. I use Journal option outlook express for this.. There are some easy to use message templates available on Office OneNote also. It depends on your requirement basically what you need. There from basic to advance options available.