Thread: Getting the following message " Excel cannot complete this task with available resources"

Getting the following message " Excel cannot complete this task with available resources"

Every time I try to conduct a copy/cut/paste operation I get this error message: "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources". It started a few days ago in Excel XP. Then I downloaded office 2007 with exactly the same result. The error occurs even with an empty workbook and also if I try to copy an empty cell. And yes, I have all the service packs for Office XP. Also, I have plenty of free memory and free space on my hard disk. The problem has been described earlier but with big or complex workbooks. So far I have not seen any workable solution.

Re: Getting the following message " Excel cannot complete this task with available resources"

Perhaps you are creating a recursive loop. Can you try to post your code. Or else check the below link. It wil give you more reference on the same. There are ample of methods to solve this issue, that are listed below on the link.

Excel 2010 error: Excel cannot complete this task with available resources.