| || |
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: All text appear as pound sign on Microsoft Excel
It could mean a few things :
- The column width is too narrow to show the number : Widen the column or change the font size of that cell. Or change the number format to General.
- You have a date/time in that cell and it's negative : Don't use negative dates. If excel was helping you, it may have changed the format to a date. Change it back to General (or some other number format). If you need to see negative date/times: Tools|options|Calculation Tab|and check 1904 date system (but this can cause trouble--watch what happens to your dates and watch what happens when you copy|paste dates to a different workbook that doesn't use this setting)
- You have a lot of text in the cell, the cell is formatted as Text : Format the cell as general.
- You really have ###'s in that cell : Clean up that cell.
- You have # in a cell, but it's format is set to Fill : Change the format. Click on format > cells > alignment tab > horizontal box > change it to General.