Thread: Getting error that "specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" on Excel

Getting error that "specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" on Excel

I have an XLAM (Add-in) which opens a workbook, works upon it and saves it with SaveAs in the same format as that of the original workbook opened. I get this error with message "The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" at randomly when the SaveAs operation is called. Any idea why am I getting this error at SaveAs as. I believe the error has got something to do with Charts/Graphs. Any information on this would be appreciated.

Re: Getting error that "specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" on Excel

The problem occurs whenever the default chart type is set to other chart types than the ones you are trying to create. For an example, if you try to create line chart and if the default chart in Excel is OHLC (Candlestick Stock Chart) then Excel will be fast to complain "The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type". The same occurs even if you try to create charts from VB.NET. Hence, first of all change the default chart type to some basic chart types like Line charts. The problem will be solved.

Re: Getting error that "specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" on Excel

There are some reference code that I will notify you. I am not providing the entire code, if you are writing just check the references.
    Code:
    macro= ActiveSheet.Name 
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection (1). Name = "= filename.xls! Time" & sheet

This results in something like = filename.xls! table1

But here you need a range, ie something like that: 

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection (1) Name = Worksheets (macro) Range ("A1: A10").. 
    ActiveChart.SeriesCollection (1) Values ​​= Worksheets (macro) Range ("B1: B10")..