Thread: How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" in Microsoft Excel

How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" in Microsoft Excel

How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" error? When opening Excel, now, for whatever reason, I receive a dialog box, immediately upon opening the program, I get the same error message again? What needs to be done, to correct this?? If you have any information or any suggestion then please let me know.

Re: How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" in Microsoft Excel

According to my information it may be The PDFMaker.xla and maybe PDFMaker.dot that are stored in your Office\XLSTART folder or in the Excel\XLSTART folder. Any files in these folders will open with Excel. You must remove them from the XLSTART folder.

Re: How to Correct the "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook" in Microsoft Excel

The issue can be resolved by running a tiny hotfix. It occur due to various reason and can be resolved just by running the hotfix. Click on the below link and download the file. Run the same and reboot your pc. After that you might not get the error. But it is there then re-run the hotfix and this time check that you are logged as administrator. If you are in a limited account then it will not work properly and will give you similar issues. Run windows update also once.

Microsoft Hotfix

I go this error when I was trying to use excel. The same was resolved by running some commands in cmd. I am going to mention the process here so that you can try the same. For that you will have to first launch cmd in admin account. You can do the same by right clicking on the cmd and selecting run as admin. In that you can first type regsvr32 -u c:\windows\system32 \mscomctl.ocx and hit enter. Then once again type regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx and hit enter. Now check back.