Thread: How to fill color in to the Row of Microsoft Excel

How to fill color in to the Row of Microsoft Excel

Hi friends recently while working with excel I just try this thing that, I just want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to color the row. Let’s say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6. So I just want to know how can it be possible in Excel and what I have to do to make this thing happens in Excel, so if you guys have any of the information then please let me know.

Re: How to fill color in to the Row of Microsoft Excel

You can try to make use of conditional formatting, use formula to determine which cells to format. Then use Formula =$H$6=1 Applies to =$A$6:$J$6 and for the formatting you have to select format and chose fill. What you can do to enhance it if you don't want the 1 to be visible is to format font the same color as the fill. May this will help you out.

I tried selecting the range then using conditional formula. But I think my formula is not working as I expect. =IF (AND (H3=1, I3=0) I use this on formula place in conditional formatting in Excel. If I can make this formula work I'll modify it to have 3 conditions. I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green , H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Yellow I3 And H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green. Thanks for reply.

But still need to have 3 conditions; are they doable on one formula? If not can I use priority thing on them? Cause I need to make
    I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
    H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Yellow
    I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green colors are not important. Single ones are not problem. But I3 and H3 condition is it doable? Please help

But still need to have 3 conditions; are they doable on one formula? If not can I use priority thing on them? Cause I need to make
    I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
    H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Yellow
    I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green colors are not important. Single ones are not problem. But I3 and H3 condition is it doable? Please help
    =IF (AND (H3=1, I3=0) you’ve almost got it right, you should try: =AND (H3=1, I3=0) and format color according to suit, May this works

I have try this out and I cannot able to use that formula =AND (H3=1, I3=0) like this. Neither can use mine when I add "" then it accepts it but won’t do anything. ="AND (H3=1, I3=0)" this way excel doesn’t do anything, and says i have an error when I type =AND (H3=1, I3=0)
    directly any idea?
    =$H1=1 kind formulas can be entered. But
    =AND (H3=1, I3=0) cannot be entered. And when I try
    ="AND (H3=1, I3=0)" this way excel doesn’t do anything,
    and says I have an error . what I am missing here any ideas for this.

Since you want to give criteria so that colors whole row. Assume you have a sample database as below. Having this database you want to color the whole row when you update the status column. Let’s say when you fill status as open then whole row should be RED. Before using a formula use these criteria. In separate column say in column E type as open then select whole column and rename the range as updateR in the range naming exactly to left of formula tool bar. Then use the formula as =countif(updater,$c2). Type these formula in conditional formatting new rule and fill the RED color.

A...........B.........C
    Names Tickets status
    Donna Sev1 open
    Martin sev2 open
    Wes sev2 open
    Peter sev3 closed
    Rajesh sev3 closed