Thread: How to stop .tmp files creation in Microsoft Excel.

How to stop .tmp files creation in Microsoft Excel.

After saving my Excel files I automatically have a .tmp file created for each one. It is an exact duplicate. I do not need these .tmp files. It places them in the same folder as my originals.

Re: How to stop .tmp files creation in Microsoft Excel.

Excel creates a bunch of .tmp files in the Windows Temp folder. If you're seeing them in a different location, it may not be excel (I've never seen xl do this). It may be your anti-virus program. One person posted that they saw files that had names like: ~RF26c83af.TMP. It was caused by AVG.

I am sure there is no way to stop that. But you can delete it. Search the directory documents and settings / user / application data / microsoft / word or excel or another and open the corresponding time and date of change to the last ten minutes of good work was in progress (ie: the program records automatically every 10 minutes just before seeing the famous break) (in the worst case open all the files in it) and open the file at this time with Excel or Word or application in question and that's it played. I had the same problem with a file of great importance I think it worked I hope for you

I just had the same problem and I can not find the link document and settings etc I think everybody does not this way, the word 2010 just go to File > Options > Registration and then look at the link marked in the "location of the AutoRecover file" and follow the link until you find the lost file:):) I'm glad I found my file.

Can I permanently delete a file with Eraser (quoted in the topic you were talking about), and it looks to walk since Easy recovery (I bought a while ago about it) can not find it. It is a good thing. But typically a deleted file is recoverable indefinitely by Easy recovery, meaning that if I restore this file, it will not disappear as long deleted files. Thus, the temporary files in Word or Excel, which are removed by closing Windows, will always be recoverable. Unless Word and Excel write their temporary files other than the home directory (type c: \ docs & settings \ user \ local settings \ Temp), in which case I know what to do.