Thread: User Add Data Pop up box in Microsoft Excel

User Add Data Pop up box in Microsoft Excel

I want to prompt any person opening my excel document to input the date they require - in a particular format - once they do this I want to use their data to create a code. I can't find where or how I can create a pop-up box that a person can input data into. I know excel can do this because I've seen spreadsheets that calculate rating, etc - where you input data when prompted. Can anyone help? PS: I did read the discussion thread "automatic pop-up message", but that solution seems a little bit complicated for what I want plus I don't want a pop-up message - I want a pop-up field that people can type data into.

Re: User Add Data Pop up box in Microsoft Excel

Give an example of the input you will ask for. Then give an example of the code you will create from that input. Then give the destination (sheet, cell) for this code. This will most likely be a Worksheet_Open macro, so it will only work when people enable macros as they open the sheet.

There is a module for excel called as Interactive Forms Module. It is a new extension that can be purchased additionally and is fully integrated. It consists of a powerful tool for designing models in fully definable forms. Interactive Forms solve the problem of filling by different users, as is the usual case for controlling Nonconformities, Corrective and Preventive Action, purchase authorizations, etc. With the help of this you can create interactive forms in excel which can help you for the same.

If you just want to create a popup box then I can help you for that. The code for it is :
    Code:
    Sub message () 
    MsgBox "the author of this application is Jorge" 
    End Sub
    If you want to remove then open the book:
    Code:
    Auto_open Sub () 
    MsgBox "the author of this application is xyz" 
    End Sub
    Of course there are ways, the problem is that you create a form and using code to tell the data to be displayed. Then create a button to be clicked, open the form created. This task can be relatively simple if you know Visual Basic. I offer to help but my main problem is the time and soon enough to certify. Anyway if you do not mind there is my offer.