Thread: How to create likert scale in Microsoft Excel

How to create likert scale in Microsoft Excel

I need to create a likert scale in excel that includes data validation through drop-down selection. How do I do this?

Re: How to create likert scale in Microsoft Excel

Probably the easiest way, especially when it comes time to generate the scores, would be to enter the question in column A, then make it wide enough to accommodate the longest question (word wrap could help here to keep the sheet from getting too wide to print). In column B I'd put a data validated list with the choices you use, such as "strongly disagree", "disagree somewhat", "neither agree nor disagree", "agree somewhat" and "strongly agree". Of course you may have more options, but make sure your list shows them all so that the respondents know what all they have to choose from. To score later, you'll have to evaluate the entries in column B.

Before you try to do this using Excel, if you are using a Likert scale for survey responses, I suggest a more appropriate tool like the online Survey Monkey or similar questionnaire software would be great. If you don't like the format of the Survey Monkey results, you can always download the data and use Excel for analysis and charts.

Available chart types

It can be done in part to the module or even the questionnaire survey module included in Moodle. Would be 8 pages of 20 questions, which were required to answer them all to move to the next. As the number of responses per question, you can put as many as you like. Complicating the issue is if you want to represent the result of a certain way, but as to collect and store the questions and results, I think it's possible. I will recommend Feedback module, I have used it enough to point Likert scales and does everything you ask for, even lets you check how many times a user responds and if answered anonymously or not. It also creates graphs of the results.