I'm having some trouble opening Outlook 2010 in my Windows 7 x64 machine. Every time I try to open it, the program shows up in the taskbar, but I can't open the main window. I never get any kind of error message, not even in the event viewer, at least for the past few days, when it started to happen. If I right click it in the task bar, I'm able to create new mail message, new contact, etc, but never to open the main window.
This is a list of what I've tried so far:
1. Run it in safe mode (Outlook.exe /safe). It works
2. Create a new mail profile in the same user acount. Doesn't open. Same as with old profile.
3. Create a new Windows user and open Outlook in that account, with a new mail profile. It works fine.
4. Back to original windows user. Run it in safe:1, safe:3 and safe:4. Safe:4 gives an invalid argument error. Safe:1 and 3, it's the same behavior than opening it normally. Window won't open.
5. Disable all add-ins with safe mode and restarted. No luck, same thing.
6. Regarding the last step, there is one add-in I can't disable: Microsoft VBA for Outlook. When I go to the "COM add-ins" window, it's not listed there, so I can't disable it. And it's the only add-in that remains active. Don't know how to disable it.
7. Deleted the .dll responsible for the VBA for Outlook and restarted. It reinstalled VBA and all remains the same. Only opens in Safe mode.
8. Run "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" just to check it wouldn't do any difference.... I was right... still no luck.
9. With "Outlook Tools" I ran a "ScanPst", but it found no errors. Nothing new.
10. Finally, I tried to Repair MS Office, but no luck there, either.
Can you point me anything else besides uninstalling Office and reinstall it? If I have to do that:
a) what data do I have to backup, besides my PSTs end outlook rules?
b) Can I backup all my email accounts (I have 4 different email accounts configured in Outlook) definitions?
c) As they are POP accounts, I know that if I delete everything, Outlook will transfer all my emails that are still in the POP servers. How can I stop this?
Hope you can help me out, because I've spent all afternoon reading forums and tips, but seems no one has had my exact problem.
I'm very suspicious of that VBA (step 6 in my description) add-in, but can't figure out what to do...
TIA for some ideas,