Thread: Office 2003 - Pro11.MSI issue, yet not standard problem

Office 2003 - Pro11.MSI issue, yet not standard problem

Hi All,
    Ive suddenly received a new issue which Ive never encountered nor thought I could have created. Ive listed both my laptop history briefly and the actual problem in 2 parts.

1. About 6 months ago my image on my laptop had a ton of corrupt files but more so bad clusters. Luckily (sort of) I had backed up my image to about a year ago through ghost. So after trying to repair my cluster issue (at the time thinking it was a virus deleting files), I finally decided to use the image from a year ago I had sitting on a seperate hard drive and drop it back down onto its former home, my existing laptop. Now since then I have not had one problem running my office 2003 apps. Ive used excel and word numerous times. I cannot remember if i tried using microsoft office windows update since then. But again, the apps have been working fine.

2. Yesterday I got my windows update pop up (which is normal), telling me there are windows updates. I sorted through them and selected the office 2003 updates. I did notice some 2007 updates because on the old image before my laptop broke 6 months ago, I had 2007 office on there. However, it wasnt backed up to the image and I had no idea where the cd was. So I just stuck with the 2003 updates since office 2003 has been installed and used since dropping my new/old image. Anyway, during the install of the updates, all of the 2003 updates asked to be pointed to the Pro11.MSI file to properly install... I dont have the cd remember, and it was last dropped from my entire backup windows image. Therefore I had to cancel all 2003 updates.
    Well since then I cannot access ANY of my 2003 office apps. Excel, Word, all of them except oultook begins to load (yet looks like its installing and configuring for the first time) and then asks for the PRO11 file again. Without it I cannot even run the apps anymore. What can I do? If no one can tell me where to get a replacement file, can someone share what the name of the file is now called when windows or whatever caused this?
    By the way, no adaware or any deletion type programs have ran in a long time. So nothing like that could have deleted it.
    Thanks for your time

Re: Office 2003 - Pro11.MSI issue, yet not standard problem

I dont know what is the problem that you are facing but if you want then you can use the portable MS office and see if that is working fine for you. This doesnt needs to be installed in your computer. You can just search for that on google and download it. After that just double click on it and it will show you the ms office icon in system tray. Right click on that and select the application that you want to open.