Thread: Office 2007 hyperlink

Office 2007 hyperlink

Recently I cannot use any link from outlook message as I have this message:
    This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.please contact your system administrator.

also i see all office program 2007 when I use upgrade from help this meesage again comes.
    i can send or receave email normally.

Re: Office 2007 hyperlink

What operating system have you installed in your pc? Also, are you logged in as the administrator of the computer? The error that you have discussed is caused by a corrupt registry key in Internet Explorer. To fix the problem, reset web settings or import the registry from a working computer. Reset IE settings by going to Tools > Internet Options > Programs. Click on "Reset Web Settings" button. Go to Advanced tab and click "Restore Defaults" button. Go to Security tab and move the bar to Medium or Default. Click OK. Close all browsers. Reboot the computer.

Yes, I am as administrator and windows 7. before I do not have this problem. I reset also in internet explorer but still problem stay.

No one can help for this mater? Please

Incase, you are the administrator and getting this issue, then i will advise you to check for the Group Policy setting which might be not working properly due to some problem. Go through the below instruction which will help you to resolve the same.

• Click Start
    • Click on Run
    • Type MMC and then click OK.
    • Click Console
    • Click Add/remove Snap-in.
    • Click Add in Add/remove Snap-in dialog box
    • Click Group Policy, and then click Add.
    • Click Finish.
    • Click Close
    • Click OK.
    • Go to Local Computer Policy
    • Then to User Configuration
    • Click on Administrative Templates
    • Click Desktop
    • In the right-pane, Right-click Hide my Network Places icon on desktop
    • Then click Properties
    • Click Not Configured
    • Click Ok
    • Expand Windows Components
    • Then click Windows explorer.
    • In the right pane, right-click Prevent access to drives from my Computer, and then click Properties.
    • Click Not Configured, and then click OK.
    • Quit the Local Computer Policy MMC snap-in.

thanks a lot but the problem when I open is MMC in console and nothing is there!!!

I think that, you can use Set Default Programs for Internet Explorer within the Control Panel will solve this issue. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Click the Start Pearl, and select Control Panel
    2. Within Control Panel, click Programs
    3. Underneath Default Programs, select Set your default programs
    4. In the Programs list, highlight Internet Explorer and click Set this program as default
    5. Click OK

I can see it is already as defult.
    the problem in outlook can not use any huperlink also from program in all office can not use update same error:This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.please contact your system administrator.

I just before use registry booster and i think all start from that program but do not know what to do now? even i install again office but same

I think need do someting in regedit but what ?

1.Right-click the hyperlink, and then click Edit Hyperlink.

2.In the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, click Place in This Document, and then click the page and the bookmark that you want to link to.
    If the bookmark has been deleted, click Cancel. Go to the page that you want to link to and insert a bookmark, and then return to the hyperlink that you want to fix, and edit that hyperlink.

When many links don't work If many of the hyperlinks don't work, some of your files may not have been published. By default, when you publish a Web site, Publisher uploads a subfolder called index_files to the specified file location. This folder contains all the files associated with your Web site except for the first page of the publication (the Web site home page), which points to the subfolder of associated pages. If the folder isn't available, hyperlinks to other pages in your publication won't work. If you use a third-party program to upload your Web site, the subfolder may not automatically upload to the Web server. In that case, upload the subfolder manually.
    Note You can change the settings so that the next time you publish your Web site, Publisher doesn't create the index_files folder and publishes all files for your Web site to a single folder. In your Web publication, on the Tools menu, click Options, click the Web tab, and then clear the Organize supporting files in a folder check box.

More information here - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pu...010247303.aspx

still I have this problem not only hyperlink when I select update from outlook also same error and message come

Follow the below steps and see if that works for you or not:

• First of all click on start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    • After that browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
    • Next you have to right click the value for the .html key and select Modify...
    • Lastly you have to change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile" (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile)

You can even try to repeat these steps for htm and .shtml keys if they exist. You may also want to check the xhtml and xhtm keys.