Thread: Margins are stuck in Word 2010

Margins are stuck in Word 2010

My child used my laptop for doing her school project. When she finished with her work, I came back on Word document where I was working, I noticed that my top and bottom margins have gone stuck and I am not able to restore them to 1" margins. I have tried using the margins settings from the page layout but it didn’t help me. The setting says that I need to have 1" margins but they are not there. Can somebody tell me how can I solve this issue?

Re: Margins are stuck in Word 2010

I have noticed such problem many times on my ms word 2010 documents but I guess I know how to deal with it. You just need to move your pointer to the top of the page and keep it there until it transforms into little icon with up and down pointing arrows after which you need to double click on it. Alternatively you have to activate the File tab of the ribbon. Now click on an Options and then Display make a check mark in front of "Show white space between pages in Print Layout view". Click OK.

If you want different margins, you should know how to change them. It's something you can do at any time. For a very short letter, for example, a recipe, invitation or poem, you may want to use different margins. You can also use the tape to change the margins, except that you operate from the Layout tab. First, click on it to select it, then in the Page Setup group, click Margins. You will see different sizes of margins, shown in small images (icons), together with measures for each of the margins.

The formatting of a page is to adjust the size of margins, to identify possible headers and footers, choose a background, the size, orientation, etc.. The only link between the page size and the text it contains is the first defines the area in which the latter appears. By default, Word prints the document in portrait orientation (the sheet is oriented in the direction of height) with 2.5 cm margins all around. Click the Layout ribbon, click the Margins button. Select a predefined options (margin wide, narrow, etc..) Or click Custom Margins. The dialog layout opens.

By default, margins top, bottom, left and right is 2.5 cm. The orientation is "Portrait". To change these values, open the "Page Setup" group "Format" button "Margins" is Alt, G, G. This button opens the tape lower "margins". You'll find a series of buttons to choose among models that describes Jaws, and the button "Custom Margins" which opens the dialog "Layout" tab at the "Margins". Controls allow you to choose your margins and orientation (Portrait or Landscape) of the page. This dialog box also contains tabs "Paper" and "Layout". This tab is useful for a detailed layout.