Thread: Sync Outlook 2010 with Hotmail Calendar

Sync Outlook 2010 with Hotmail Calendar

I am running Windows 7 operating system on which I have installed MS Office 2010 Professional. I have successfully imported my calendar from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010. I am having one Hotmail account which includes the calendar function that I want to synchronize along with the MS Outlook 2010. Can you guys guide me to proper way to deal with this synchronizing?

Re: Sync Outlook 2010 with Hotmail Calendar

However, the Hotmail account setup POP3 uses secure methods to prevent the proliferation of spam and to ensure confidentiality of data access. But following our advice, you will come to the end without problem. The characteristics of POP3 access to Hotmail are the following:

• Incoming Server: pop3.live.com by activating SSL via port 995
    • Outgoing Server: smtp.live.com on port 25 mode TLS / SSL authentication required.

More specifically, here's how to configure Hotmail in Microsoft Outlook 2009:

• Open Outlook 2010.
    • Go to the Tools menu, then Account Settings ...
    • In the Mail tab, click New ...
    • Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next
    • Check the Manually configure server settings ... and click Next
    • Select Internet Mail and click Next
    • In the "Your Name", enter your first and last name.
    • In the "Email Address", enter your Hotmail address
    • In "Account Type" select POP3
    • In "Incoming Mail Server", type: pop3.live.com
    • In "Outgoing Server", type: smtp.live.com
    • In "User Name", enter your email address or Live Hotmail
    • In "Password", enter the password for your LiveID.
    • Click More Settings
    • In the Outgoing Server tab, check My outgoing server SMTP requires authentication
    • In the Advanced Options tab, select This server requires an encrypted connection SSL
    • And in the pop-up "Use connection type ...", select TLS.
    • OK, it's over ...

PROBLEM SOLVED: I have generated create a new profile in the Control Panel and pasted my primary Hotmail account, then added other mail accounts as well, and then delete my unwanted profiles. It seems that this problem occurs when a change 2007 -> 2010 or 2003 -> 2007, when the Outlook profile is taken by the advanced version.
    CAUTION : delete the profile and data files delete emails that are no longer on the SMTP server or Exchange.

Several causes may be causing concern, try the following solutions in order:

Solution 1: Safe Mode : Launch Microsoft Outlook in safe mode to see if additional modules by interfering with Outlook disable them and check it from File, Options, Supplements, bottom COM Add-Ins, Go...If the synchronization problem persists despite the safe mode:

Solution 2: Remove and re-creating the account : Delete your mail account and recreate it.

Solution 3: Create a new Outlook profile : Start, Control Panel, Mail ...

Solution 4: Create a new Session Manager from Start, Control Panel, User Accounts, Manage another account ...

Microsoft has released in RTM connector Hotmail to Outlook in its version 14, which corresponds to that of Office. This connector can connect with Outlook to Windows Live accounts and synchronize calendar, contacts and emails. This new version is compatible with Office 2010 but also with older versions of Office, 2007 and 2003. The availability of this new version is done either through the Automatic Update or direct download, the second solution is to use if something goes wrong during the update. Two versions are available, a 32-bit compatible with Outlook 2010 and 2003.2007 and a 64-bit compatible only with Outlook 2010.