Thread: How to get Email properties in Outlook

How to get Email properties in Outlook

When I use the Outlook Express to access my emails then if I right click on any of the emails then it shows me the properties, message source etc for that email. I want to know that if it is possible to do the same with the Outlook emails. If you know that how can I do that then please post your suggestion over here.

Re: How to get Email properties in Outlook

If you are using the Outlook 2007 then you will be able to do this in the following way. First of all, you have to open the registry editor and from the left panel, you have to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 12.0 \ Outlook \ Options \ Mail.

There you have to create new DWORD and name it as SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders and keep that value to 1. Once you are done with that then you have to close and restart the Outlook.

This will just work on new mail received when you create a new registry key. You will not able to see the source on messages as it is downloaded already. I am not sure about the office 2010 because I have not used that yet. The key location for that might be changed.

You can do the following if you want to get the Outlook properties option. Simply follow the steps given below for that.
    1. First, open the particular contact by double clicking the item that is there in your contacts folder.
    2. You will see a Address Card pop-up on the email address of the contact.
    3. Click that and from the list that will open, you have to select Outlook properties.
    4. You should also check that you have set the “Internet format” to “Let Outlook decide the best sending format”.

I don’t know that why you are not getting the emails properties on the outlook I am also using the Outlook 2010 but I don’t have any problem like this. Whenever I get any email and right click on that then I get the option for .the properties and from that I can view the email properties.

If you are not using the Outlook 2010 then I recommend you to switch to outlook 2010. If you are already using it and getting the problem then it may be something related to improper or corrupted installation. You need to uninstall and install that again. If it is possible then this time install it with a new setup file. I hope this will solve the problem for you.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It was the problem with the installation. I uninstall the installed on and installed that again. This solves the problem for me and now I am able to get the information about the emails. Before this I tried many things but none of that was helpful to me. I would like to recommend all the users who are searching for the same solution to do the same and I am sure that this will work for you as it resolves the problem for me.