Thread: Outlook 2010 Junk filter issues

Outlook 2010 Junk filter issues

I use google to host POP3 type email for a few of my own Domains. They provide the gmail interface for web based email, but I import it all to my desktop to use Outlook as my prefered email client. The google spam filter cannot be turned off, but it does a good job. So, I want to have the Junk mail settings in Outlook totally off. I have set the options for no filtering, but still alot of my email ends up there?

I have seen this mentioned on other Forums, but the only fix I found was a reg fix that was very confusing. Does anyone know of a downloadable reg file that can totally disable the Junk mail filtering in Outlook 2010. Or is there a rock solid setting that works? This is a known issue and no matter what you do to disable filtering through setup or options etc. It still randomly blocks some email. And this is email that google has passed through its own filtering.

If you go to this link you can read about this being a problem for many people. They do give a fix, but I have been unable to add it to my registry. My goal is to totally disable it, thanks again

Re: Outlook 2010 Junk filter issues

It might be that you are using third party e-mail spam filter as well or you are using a Hotmail account? In the case of the latter; Hotmail has a filter to break that level which cannot be shut. You'll have to make exceptions for these addresses. This can be done in Outlook and Outlook Connector synchronizes Hotmail addresses of blocked / safe lists with Hotmail. importing mail makes no spam filtering at all since the messages are received but not deposited directly into your mailbox (so that standards are being processed or not).