Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cause of Document Not Saved in Microsoft Office

MS Office Support

Old 15-04-2010

Cause of Document Not Saved in Microsoft Office

Windows added some updates on my system. I am using Office 2007. It was working fine before. But as the new updates were installed I am not able to save my documents. I am getting a error on the same. When I try to save the file no a network drive the application freezes and then I am not able to save the files. It is a bit complicated to work on it. There was no issue with the same before.

Old 05-05-2010

Try to remap the drive. It looks the location is changed or the network folder is not available due to which you cannot save it. You have to check properly that the space is available and your system permission to save the file. Just remap the drive and then check back. It is possible some recent changes in the system would have generated the problem.
Old 08-02-2011

re: Cause of Document Not Saved in Microsoft Office

Solution:

I have an Excel file with 16 sheets having embedded objects. One of the sheets (16th sheet) is the summary of the other 15 sheets (embedded objects & data). I did some processing and tried to save as the file but it did not save the 14 sheet, error "document not saved,". I added below subroutine and called this during the other process and it resolved the problem.

Sub ListAllObjectsActiveSheet()
Dim NewSheet As Worksheet
Dim MySheet As Worksheet
Dim myshape As Shape
Dim I As Long

Set MySheet = ActiveSheet
Set NewSheet = Worksheets.Add

With NewSheet
.Range("A1").Value = "Name"
.Range("B1").Value = "Visible(-1) or Not Visible(0)"
.Range("C1").Value = "Shape type"
I = 2

For Each myshape In MySheet.Shapes
.Cells(I, 1).Value = myshape.Name
.Cells(I, 2).Value = myshape.Visible
.Cells(I, 3).Value = myshape.Type
I = I + 1
Next myshape

.Range("A1:C1").Font.Bold = True
.Columns.AutoFit
.Range("A1:C" & Rows.Count).Sort Key1:=Range("C1"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes
End With

End Sub

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: ,