Thread: Office 2007 Network (Mapped Drive) Save Issue

Office 2007 Network (Mapped Drive) Save Issue

We are running a Windows Server at our Office Environment. There are several client PC connected and each one of them have their own Network Drive with correct and full file permissions control. Since couple of days whenever any user tries to save a Word Document in their network folder they are getting an error message saying:

u:\username\document.name' cannot be found. Check your spelling or try a different path.

The problem is only with MS Word, rest all applications such as WordPad, notepad, etc. Any idea what is wrong here? Please provide some working solution.

I had the same issue within my Domain.
    Office 2007 (Word & Exel) would not save to SBS2003 mapped drive
    Worksation OS is Windows XP SP3

I took the advice in the forum and Disabled RTM in CA E-Trust AV and this fixed the issue.

The problem that I now have is .....How vulnerable does this leave my server.

Re: Office 2007 Network (Mapped Drive) Save Issue

I was having this problem and I read the entire blog and tried mnost to all the fixes. One thing I noticed that most people were using CA ETRUST Antivirus. I have CA ETRUST 8.1 and I turned off all monitoring on the server that I was saving the documents to and it allowed me to save the documents. I contacted CA and they fixed the problem. The problem was that the new computers had been discovered by CA ETRUST but that they were not applied to a server therefor the policy was not being applied and it was scanning all incoming and outgoing files and that is what was preventing it from being saved to the network. After the computer was assigned a server the receive the policies from and CA restarted the antivirus on the computers the problem was resolved. I would recommend you turn off the real time monitoring on the server that you are trying to save the file to and turn off the antivirus software on the client computer and if it allows you to save the file call CA(Computer Associates) and tell them what the problem is and they will fix the problem or you can assign the new computers to a server in CA management console. I hope this helps.